Learn about Hyder Construction
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Senior Estimator will have significant estimating and quantity take-off experience necessary to complete complex estimates and bids for commercial construction projects and lead estimating efforts with assigned staff. The Senior Estimator is responsible for the preparation of estimates, bids and proposals for Company projects from concept design to completion of construction documents; recruits subcontractors and suppliers and generates interest to bid projects.
• The Senior Estimator is responsible for gathering any and all data required in preparing lump sum, unit rate and cost plus detailed estimates.
• Responsible for quantity takeoffs and production of bid proposals.
• Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
• Duties include review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs, evaluation and/or development of construction labor rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
• Prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliations for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations.
• Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable. Capable of preparing cost benefit analysis.
• Manage estimating team assigned to specific estimates. Must also be able to coordinate team activities, conduct project cost estimate review meetings, and interface with executive management.
• Must be able to enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
• Understand and communicate construction cost trends affecting project costs.