Learn about Hyder Construction
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Project Manager provides the overall leadership for the execution of successful outcomes on projects assigned by the Company. The Project Manager leads the project team with a focus on the customer, utilizing open communication, setting clear direction and establishing high levels of expectations for the performance. This management position is responsible for the complete project management execution on projects with strict adherence and compliance with the Company’s standard operating policies and procedures. The Project Manager must be capable of managing multiple projects, or projects up to $25 million, from the RFP or bid solicitation process through final completion. This position requires passion, dedication and a strong sense of accountability with the ability to align with the executive team to optimize the growth potential, profitability and contributes to the strategic objectives of the Company.
• Proactively identifies project specific risk issues, establishes a strategic action plan to address them and effectively executes the plan for a successful outcome.
• Directs and supervises the work of the Hyder project team to ensure assigned projects are completed to maximize profit, within the schedule, all while meeting the client needs and the company’s business objectives.
• Has a detailed level of understanding, reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications.
• Prepares and administers subcontracts and purchase agreements.
• Develops overall project budgets for all assigned projects.
• Develops overall project schedules for all assigned projects.
• Plans and coordinates the work of all trades.
• Facilitates an effective and productive weekly OAC and Subcontractor meetings.
• Ensure that all required project documentation is complete and accurate.
• Negotiate Change Orders with Owners, Architects, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Supports and participates in Hyder’s Seller Doer Program.
• Updates industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.