Learn about Hyder Construction
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Superintendent with 5-10 years of Colorado commercial construction experience
Project Superintendents provide on-site leadership and manage all site activities including production, quality control, schedule and safety. Working closely with Project Managers, Project Superintendents must plan a project prior to construction, producing a workable critical-path schedule and logistical solutions to major problems. Once under construction, the Project Superintendents are responsible for executing this plan on schedule in accordance with the project documents in a safe, cost effective, and quality-conscious manner. Project Superintendents must facilitate and maintain strong relationships with owners, design teams, and subcontractors’ personnel.
Responsibilities of successful project superintendents include:
• Managing the field project financials including timesheets, change order paperwork, purchase orders, delivery tickets, and subcontractor work tickets.
• Responsible for trying to reduce costs on project, and meeting margin expectations.
• Responsible for customer management and maintaining good working relationships.
• Produce accurate schedules and manage subcontractors to meet that schedule, forecast labor needs, and holding subcontractor meetings on-site to prepare for mobilization.
• Responsible for reviewing and understanding all project documents including bid documents, specifications, and general conditions, in detail.
• Manage subcontractors by holding preconstruction conferences, studying subcontracts to fully understand scope, and holding weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Maintain quality by submitting jobsite pictures on a regular basis, striving for minimal punchlist items, keeping as-built conditions current, and completing closeout promptly.
• Responsible for understanding and enforcing OSHA regulations, and keeping a safe and clean jobsite.
• Oversee and supervise stormwater management compliance.
• Responsible for managing and overseeing quality control, and assuring compliance.
• Responsible for managing and overseeing onsite safety programs.
• Responsible for customer interface-coordinates construction activities with those of the customer; communicates with the customer regularly and facilitates activities according to the customer’s needs.
• Supports and participates in the Company’s Business Development, Marketing and Sales program including: Project Pursuit Approaches, RFP Responses, Interviews, Top Prospects and Customer Share Program.
• Updates industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Prepares for and presents at project interviews.
Skills that a successful project superintendent must have includes:
• In-depth experience in construction means and methods
• Good working knowledge of all construction trades
• Extensive experience in reading and understanding plans and specifications
• Strong planning and scheduling skills
• Good leadership and communication skills
• Goal orientation with the ability to perform effectively under stress
• Good understanding of scheduling
• Physical ability to visit all areas of a construction project each day
We offer a great company culture and competitive benefits/compensation package.