Learn about Hyder Construction
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
If you have significant experience in the construction industry and feel you have an entrepreneurial spirit looking for a place to develop, this is a great opportunity for you.
Hyder Construction is looking for the right person to manage and grow our existing Special Projects group. Our Special Projects group builds projects up to approximately $3mm individual project size focusing mainly on:
• Existing customers who find it to be beneficial to use us as a one stop shop for both small and large projects.
• Smaller projects are a gateway that can provide access and experience into market segments that we cannot enter on a larger project basis.
• In house design/build services
Our Director of Special Projects operates as a full service manager (sales to closeout) for this portion of our business and reports directly to the President of Hyder.
In addition, Hyder wants to the Special Projects group to be able to add additional services to our current and future clients. We feel there are many construction related business opportunities to develop, but it will take the right person to work with our seasoned management professionals to identify, analyze, and develop new market segments.
We are looking to interview individuals with the following qualifications:
• A construction engineering or construction management degree is preferred
• Must have at least 10 years’ experience in estimating and building commercial construction projects
• Some business education is preferred
• Must have an entrepreneurial spirit
• Must be an outgoing, self-starter with the ability to sell to prospective clients
• Must be comfortable with employee management responsibilities
• Must be committed to excellence and focused on the customer experience
The compensation package is competitive within the industry, plus an opportunity to gain equity in the company over time if successful.