Learn about Hyder Construction
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Hyder Carpenter General Foreman are assigned to a broad range of work tasks including assisting the Superintendent (Field team) with daily jobsite duties. Responsibilities include craft supervision, subcontractor coordination, safety compliance, material handling, project documentation as directed by Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent, quality control, adherence to all safety rules, and mentoring of laborers, carpenter apprentices, and carpenters.
• Regularly lead safety meetings
• Working with and assisting Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent with layout duties
• Assisting in managing quality control, and assuring compliance
• Assisting in managing onsite safety programs
• Assisting Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent with planning and scheduling
• Ability to perform carpentry duties accurately and with a high level of quality
• With Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent direction identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
• Constructs, erects, installs and repairs structures, concrete forms, fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools while conforming to local building codes.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to structures or fixtures needing fabrication.
• Layout using building instruments and carpentry tools and proficient at surveying.
• Shapes materials to specifications or measurements using saws, chisels, and planes.
• Assembles cut and shape materials, and can fasten together using appropriate fasteners.
• Can verify trueness of structure by using plumb bobs and building instruments.
• Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
• Builds stairs, layouts and installs partitions and cabinet work.
• Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware.
• Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
• Erects scaffolding and ladders.
• Know safety requirements for temporary barricades and safety railing.
• Good understanding of safe work practices and ability to address and correct as needed.
• Create takeoff for tasks and procure materials.
• Plan and generate lists for tools and materials for future tasks.
• Operate equipment on site as needed (i.e. Scissors lifts/snorkel lifts/skid loader/forklift)
Salary Range DOE - $31-$34/hour